Blogger Layouts

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Why Not!

So, my family is pretty big on spending holidays together. For some reason we haven't really done anything special for the 24th of July. We started thinks about what we could do and really just wasn't coming up with anything. Then Drena heard about a campground in Montpiller Idaho that you could rent teepees to sleep in. So we said why not! We had so much fun! It was just the sisters, no husbands which was probably a good thing. I don't think we could have fit anyone else nor do I think the men would think the close quarters of this activity would be so much fun.

This is the Teepee we stayed in. It was really quiet cool and the kids loved it. While I love being close to my sisters, nieces and nephews I decided that I would sleep in the suburban where I could breath. Of course my Lola had to join me. We are camping buddies.

David was so out numbered with all of us girls. It was fun to watch Haden and David bond. Haden looks up to David and would do whatever David did. He would just giggle and giggle at whatever David would say or do.

The campground had a small swim pool and so we spent the first day swimming

Cannon ball!

Karen and Drena spent most of their time watching the little ones swim

Here we all are! Snug as a bug! Gotta love them!

The view from the suburban!

The next morning we all went into town for breakfast. This place had the biggest portions I have ever seen! David said he was in hevan when he saw his pancakes!

After breakfast we went to the Oregan trail museum. It didn't sound like so much fun but the kids loved it! The lady at the museum was so good and letting them touch and explore some of the really cool things they had.
We had such a fun weekend. We missed Sharla and her crew and mom and dad. We all need to go back the next time together! Maybe this time with the camper and another teepee!



1 comment:

Joe and Jenny said...

How fun to sleep in a teepee. My kids would be all over that. I hope you are all geared up for school. I'm not, and I'm not sure I'm ready for a new teacher. But Grant seems to be fine with it, so I guess I should be.