Blogger Layouts

Friday, October 9, 2009

Very, Very, Very hard post

I've been wanting to record my feelings and thought about my aunt Zona's passing, but for some reason it has been just too hard. Every time I go to start...I just get overwhelmed with sadness. But I want to share with you a little bit about this amazing women and a little bit about my heritage as well. I can't find the words, so I'll try it through pictures.

My aunt loved to be "done up". This is one of my favorites of her.



Here are 3 of my favorite women in the world. My Aunt Zona, my Mom, and Aunt(she has always felt like an aunt to me) Deloris. All 3 are so much a like. Bossy, fun, and crazy when they are together!

I loved seeing Deloris and her family at the funeral. I felt so connected to her as we hugged and shared in our sadness.

My mom and Zona

Zona and my cousin Cynthia. I was so glad that I got to know her a little bit better while in Oklahoma. She has such a calmness about her. My mom is so proud of her and thinks the world of Cynthia. I'm glad I've become Facebook friends with her and we can keep in touch.

I love my aunt Zona. Her personality is a big as the sky. She was so much fun to be with. Oklahoma to me will always be my Aunt. I can't put my sadness into words...

No comments: