Blogger Layouts

Friday, November 6, 2009

Birthday Gifts

So, lets face it...birthdays are painful! Unless you are 5 and then you can't wait to turn another year older! This is why I celebrate my birthday every year with my Kindergarten kids. They get so excited about it that it's impossible to be depressed over turning ANOTHER year older. Usually my family all comes to school that day and they tell embarrassing stories about me and the kids LOVE it. But this year the fam couldn't make it so it was up to me! I decided that we would have a day full of things that I like to do. (creatively designed around the things we HAD to do that day anyway!) We started the day by finishing decoupaging our pumpkins(see the next post for a picture) with all sorts of bright colored tissue paper, and then sprinkling glitter on them while the glue was still wet. I think they turned out super cute. Then we had a picnic lunch with all my favorite things. As I passed out the food, I told them a story that related the food item to me. We had Cache Valley String Cheese-obvious reasons! Apples-because I love to ride horses and my horses name is Apples. PB and J sandwiches-because that was the sandwich my mom would make me daily growing up-LOVE THEM! And for desert we had sugar cookies because....well I couldn't think of a reason except because they were cheap and I was tired of shopping at that point!

It was a great day and a lot of fun! Thanks so much to my family and my school family for making my day fantastic. The presents and birthday wishes were the best!



All a person needs is a handwritten note and two Popsicle sticks glued together!


Yes...this is a picture of me and I LOVE it!

No comments: