Blogger Layouts

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

It's so hard to say goodbye

Our last day of school was so full of emotion. I was so glad that we were so busy the last week because I really couldn't think about it all coming to an end.

I started out driving to school that last day of school just remembering everything we have accomplished this year. My heart is so full with pride for those kids. They have grown and changed so much. So of course I didn't make it to school with out bawling the whole way. I sat in the parking lot and said enough! If I show up to class bawling I'm going to freak my kids out. Yea...that didn't work. As I had parents come in and say goodbye and each one has such kind things to say that I just couldn't hold it in.

The last hour of the day my students and I go around and everyone says something nice about each of the students. Then I say something memorable. Right off the bat I couldn't hold it in. So I had to stop and explain happy tears vs sad mad tears.


I just have so much love for each one of those kids. Like I said before each one takes a piece of my heart with them. And the day I don't have any heart left is the day I quit.


The apple doesn't fall far from the tree this year. I was overwhelmed with the support and love from the kindergarten parents this year. I've had a lot of trials this year from family health to allowing some not nice comments get under my skin and doubt my abilities as a teacher. The kindness and support from these parents help me get through it all! Thank you for the kind thoughts, cards, and gifts that you have given me this year. I was overwhelmed with your thoughtfulness. I can only hope that the friendships we have developed will continue.

Thank you for a fabulous year!

To my class,I'm glad I was your teacher
I've come to love you so.
I can't believe the end is here.
I hate to see you go.
Remember all the fun we had
And all the things we did,
But most of all remember... You're a very special kid!

This is most of my am and pm class all together. Yes I am soaking wet. That's what happens when 50 something kids gang up on you playing spray bottle tag! I loved it!

4 comments:

Carley said...

Wow...there just aren't words to say how grateful I am that you were Carson's teacher! I know how much each child means to you...you are the kind of teacher that every parent hopes that their child is fortunate enough to get!

Jill Sanders said...

We miss you already!! I wish that Coop could have you for his teacher every year! How 'bout it? Will you just move up a grade every year?
It makes me sad that someone made comments that hurt you. They were undoubtably unwarranted. Please know that we loved everything that you did and that you were a better first teacher for Coop than we could have ever dreamed was possible. Thank you so much for a wonderful Kindergarten year!

Lanna said...

You are amazing and such a great teacher. You inspire me with all those 5 year olds. I am complaining about having 3 kids. Just don't know how you do it. Congrats on a fun filled year.

Joe and Jenny said...

Thank you again for everything this year. The new class lists came out, and I already have anxiety about Grant's new teacher, and knowing that she won't be like you. Hopefully everything will work out, and your new set of kids are in for a wonderful Kindergarten experience. Thank you again.