Blogger Layouts

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

AMAZING families

I just finished my 2nd year of collecting items for a sub for Santa kinda thing. Last year Cassidy's honor society was making bags to send to a school in Ogden School District for the 1st graders there. I thought it was such a great idea and started collecting items to send. This year I asked Ms. William's class and Mrs. Lawrence's class to help out because I didn't get the notice that we were doing it again until very late. I only had 3 days to collect items. I didn't think we would get very much stuff because of the time restraint and of course because of the economy. I was so shocked when I saw the amount of items that started to come it. I don't know how many times I was close to tears as I would watch my kiddos bring stuff in and say "this is for those kids that don't have as much as we do". I am truly blessed to work in such a wonderful area with such fantastic parents. Thank you so much for your time and dedication to our school. You are all amazing and I am certain that a few more kids will have a better Christmas this year because of your generosity. Thank you so much!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Carley said...

Wow! That is amazing...I remember last year what a good opportunity it was for Carson to bring in socks and gloves for kids who needed them...what a great idea!

Jylaire said...

Thank you for the opportunity to teach our children about serving others! We had a great time! London has talked of nothing but Frosty since yesterday! That was the cutest idea!!! Thanks for all you do!